Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
As a Search Sales DIrector focused on the Commercial Business Unit (CBU), you will be a member of our Search Innovation Team which supports the larger Revenue organization’s efforts to grow our Search client base among Fortune 1000 clients in the United States. You are committed to winning and taking advantage of the untapped customer base that could benefit from Yext’s product offering. Individuals should have a consistent track record of consultative sales, a strong understanding of the digital landscape, and a willingness to embrace ground-breaking, fast paced technology companies.
Search Sales Directors, CBU sell to Yext’s Mid-Market clients. We are committed to winning and taking advantage of the untapped customer base that could benefit from Yext’s product offering. With a sales model that fosters collaboration and supports your success, this is a great opportunity to forge a successful sales career!
What You'll Do
- Support sales efforts by lending significant subject matter expertise selling enterprise and cognitive search solutions
- Network internally and externally to seek new opportunities for growth among existing and net new clients
- Drive significant growth in the market for both existing and new clients, achieving or exceeding individual quota
- Focus on executing transactions in an assigned territory and prospect for new opportunities
- Manage complete and complex sales-cycles presenting to C-level executives the value of our product
- Define, execute, and own an engagement plan for key prospects
- Foster positive relationships within our Enterprise market segment, looking for opportunities to add value for the customer and develop additional revenue
- Territory/Vertical identification and research, to formalize a go to market strategy and build qualified target accounts
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievement, while creating satisfied and referenceable customers
What You Have
- Prior experience in Search technology
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education; in lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of sales or relevant account management experience, preferably in SaaS
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the C-level
- Demonstrated success in carrying a quota, closing Fortune 1000 deals
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Experience managing and closing complex sales cycles - demonstrated ownership of all aspects of territory management
- Successful history of net direct new business sales, with the ability to prove consistent delivery against targets
- Strong and demonstrated written, verbal and presentation skills
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.