Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Yext is looking for a hardworking and dynamic Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our expanding sales team! In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the growth of our business through top of the funnel activities that contribute to the lifeblood of our organisation’s revenue. The Business Development Representative is responsible for outbound sales activity to discover, nurture, and qualify net new business opportunities. Candidates that thrive in this role are action-oriented, creative, lifelong learners, strong communicators and love to win.
What You’ll Do
- Research accounts and contacts to develop compelling and tailored value propositions
- Collaborate with Account Executives to optimise cross functional efforts
- Work closely with marketing to capitalise on “warm engagement” from demand generation and field marketing initiatives
- Maintain meticulous notes and tracking of accounts and engagement, using tools such as Salesforce.com and Salesloft
- Seamlessly handle prospect’s objections and educate them on Yext and Brand Verified Answers
- Hit your personal target of Sales Qualified Leads (quota)
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop target accounts from lead-generation activities, such as outbound cold-calling, emailing, and direct mailers into targeted accounts
- Engage with prospects via phone, email and social selling tools to share the Yext vision, find opportunities, and generate interest
- Disseminate qualified new opportunities to appropriate sales representative, collaborating with reps about the opportunity and determining appropriate action items
- Gain in-depth knowledge about the brand verified answers space
What You Have
- BA/BS or similar university level education
- Ideal candidate will have a high desire to build a career in Sales
- Ideally 1+ years in the BDR function or relevant work experience
- Ability to work in fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including high-level interactions with internal and external contacts
- Exceptional ability to organise work and tasks; attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Demonstrate a passion for learning new things and continuous improvement
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.