The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like T-Mobile, Jaguar Land Rover, BBVA USA, and Kiehl’s — as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department and World Health Organization — trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
As the VP of User Experience at Yext you will be responsible for driving the vision and execution of the user experience of our software products in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. You will work closely with product managers and tech leads to translate complex product needs and technical capabilities into successful designs. You should have a clean visual sense and a proven record of creating thoughtful user experiences. You should be just as comfortable hiring and leading a team as you are building out a wireframe or conducting A/B testing. In short, you’re a UX leader who loves to be hands on.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the direction and strategy of the user experience of Yext products
- Act as a player / coach, managing the UX team as well as being hands on in design development
- Provide mentorship and guidance to members of the team
- Work with leaders across the company to ensure the Yext products embody the vision of the executive team and the company mission
- Ensure consistency through the development and use of interaction and visual design patterns
- Create detailed wireframes for complex web and mobile applications quickly
- Synthesize high-level business requirements into usable and elegant design solutions
- Design and conduct small and medium scale usability tests and other UX research activities
- Work autonomously with product managers to define and prioritize features needed to create great user experiences
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure the delivered product matches your design vision
- Contribute to user experience best practices and act as an experience evangelist to the company
- Stay up-to-date with and display knowledge of market trends and best practices
What You Have
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Graphic Design, or related field
- 8+ years of experience of User Experience development at a software focused company
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of 3 or more UX designers
- Proven ability to hire and train an elite design team
- Ability to work with teams across the company including but not limited to Product Management, Engineering, and Strategy to understand detailed requirements and create designs that meet client needs and vision.
- Demonstrated experience in designing a product from concept to delivery including wireframes, mid-fidelity deliverables, and interactive prototypes
- Knowledge of UX research and evaluation techniques
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Self-motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.