The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like T-Mobile, Jaguar Land Rover, BBVA USA, and Kiehl’s — as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department and World Health Organization — trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking an experienced accounting professional to join our growing team. The Director of Accounting will be responsible for leading key aspects of the Company's finance and accounting functions, including month-end close, consolidation, financial reporting and certain business operations. In addition to managing other members of the accounting team, the Director of Accounting will work cross-departmentally to build-out and improve key financial processes. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this leader will be a true partner to the organization always approaching work with a lens of adding value to the company.
Yext is looking for a leader with a proven track record of creating and enacting new strategies. These key skill sets will help drive efficiency and best practices in order to aggressively position Yext for global success that will benefit both shareholders and employees alike.
What You’ll Do
- Lead, coach, hire and develop a growing team while establishing a vision for global expansion
- Develop a high performing accounting team, ensuring redundancy in training across key processes
- Develop relationships with the Yext management team in order to effectively execute on company policy and process changes as well as other key company-wide initiatives
- Identify, track and report on key financial and non-financial performance metrics; work with the team to analyze trends and develop/implement changes to drive improvements
- Lead implementation, upgrades and/or enhancements of cloud-based business applications
- Work with the Corporate Controller and other Finance team leaders to evaluate, recommend and implement new financial accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Build efficiencies into all aspects of the group’s operations including systems and process
- Lead all aspects of the month end close, financial reporting and consolidation processes
- Effectively manage audit, tax, and valuation process with third party firms
- Assist FP&A team with accounting-related budget items during annual budget and periodic forecasting cycles.
What You Have
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education in Accounting or related field
- 10-15+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience, minimum of 4 years must be as an Assistant Controller/Senior Manager of Accounting, or similar position in a high-growth technology company registered with the SEC
- Strong team leader with experience building, managing and developing a global team
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP, with SaaS experience preferred
- Proven project management skills with a focus on timeliness and high-quality results
- Effective problem solving, methodical, detail-oriented, innovative, and highly analytical
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- A multi-tasker with the ability to accurately work in a fast paced, rapidly growing and changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Experience with a Big 4 firm
- SEC reporting (10-K, 10-Q) experience
- Knowledge of cloud-based ERP systems and implementations of such systems
- Experience in a multi-country/currency environment
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.