Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Connectivity is at the heart of Yext’s products. Our 3rd party integrations bring to life the best of our solutions from Listings to Answers and everything in between. Yext is looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join our Partner Engineering team and build the next generation of amazing solutions on top of our platform.
We are solution-driven, curious, and passionate Engineers. Our goal is to produce high quality, high impact, and highly scalable code to unlock the power of our partnerships and deliver value to our clients. As a Partner Engineer, you will work in the sweet spot of technology, right at the intersection of product, business, and innovation. This highly cross-functional role will allow you to collaborate with teams across the company, ranging from Data Partnerships, to Product, to Technology Operations, and other Engineering teams. You will also collaborate directly with our solution partners which include some of the best and most innovative tech companies in the world.
If you have excellent coding skills, innate curiosity, and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and find creative solutions to complex problems, this role is for you!
What You’ll Do
- Develop an expertise in Yext’s product offerings, underlying implementation and technical design
- Integrate new solution partners (e.g. https://apps.shopify.com/yext-products-connector) by writing clean, tested, and well-structured code
- Design, implement, and deploy highly scalable and reliable systems
- Comprehend and understand third party solutions by reading documentation, speaking to technical contacts, and asking clarifying questions
- Grasp new languages/frameworks quickly depending on the requirements on the third-party (e.g. Salesforce Apex, Zendesk Apps Framework)
- Work with Yext’s Business Development and Product teams to analyze and recommend integration approaches based on solution partners’ capabilities and existing infrastructure
- Troubleshoot technical issues in real-time
- Drive infrastructure improvements (e.g. grouped Sentry error logging, Prometheus Alerting rules, Grafana visualizations, etc.)
What You Have
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent degree/experience
- Understanding of B2B, SaaS or client-facing, consumer products
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Fluency with Java, C++, Python, or similar (we primarily code in Java)
- Strong knowledge of common API paradigms such as REST, GraphQL, OAuth, JSON, etc.
- Experience with front-end web development is a plus (e.g. AJAX, templating, React, etc.)
- Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth startup environment
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences
- Strong English written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Occasional travel as the business requires
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.