The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like T-Mobile, Jaguar Land Rover, BBVA USA, and Kiehl’s — as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department and World Health Organization — trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
The Enterprise Solutions Architect will lead and facilitate the efforts to determine the selection, organization, and integration of software technology components required to support the current and emerging business capability needs of the enterprise. This position will provide oversight and mentorship for the application development community responsible for developing and maintaining Yext’s internal software assets, vendor/partner resources, and will collaborate with all functions and levels within the Yext enterprise in order to set standards and direction for Yext’s application landscape! Ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of technology, applications, industry standard methodologies, business processes and architectural patterns to drive business and IT transformation initiatives that meet Yext’s enterprise objectives. This role will report to the CIO.
What You’ll Do
- Supervise and ensure execution of multi-year strategies, projects, and ensure alignment with technology standards and practices
- Define and detail current and future state application architectures, frameworks and roadmaps.
- Define, implement, and promote application and software architectural guidelines/standards, governing mechanisms, key processes, controls and supporting tools.
- Promote and evangelize shared application services to encourage reuse, reduce costs and improve information flows.
- Analyze and evaluate cloud solutions and set standards for both adoption and usage patterns.
- Partner with the functional IT teams (i.e. applications and infrastructure) to ensure that solutions align to reference architecture model and technology strategy.
- Review technology-related investment proposals and verify accurate application solution estimates are provided, proposals are consistent with software architectural guidelines/standards, and potential risks have been identified.
- Lead multi-functional teams on software and application technology selection, design considerations, evaluation criteria, due diligence requirements, proofs of concept and any other related software technology selection and adoption techniques.
- Participate as an integral member of the IT management team responsible for defining and implementing IT strategy, capital plans and continuous improvement objectives.
- Serve as steward, advisor, and leader on all matters related to Yext information assets, software technology environment, solution capabilities, emerging technologies, governance and secure coding practices.
- Facilitate project/vendor workshops and meetings related to application development architectures and technology.
- Manage the architecture Review Board and ensure that the architectural standards are being met as we execute on the IT roadmap.
- Work with the BI/Data Lead to define data standards for Yext and establish data governance.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar college level education in Information Technology or related field of study.
- 5+ years’ experience in lead Enterprise Application Architecture role or capacity.
- 10+ years of IT leadership experience developing, promoting, implementing and/or managing software technology-enabled solutions.
- 5+ years of leadership experience, with a track record of growing responsibilities.
- Experience as a technical lead for a major technology implementation.
- Proven ability to lead large scale enterprise wide initiatives.
- Proven experience providing oversight for multiple, concurrent IT software development work.
- Proven experience managing the evaluation, selection, delivery and performance of technology solution providers and offerings.
- Strong business and technical acumen with understanding of EA tools and techniques. Experience with Salesforce and Workday a huge plus!
- Strong software development experience and background.
- Detailed understanding of modern application development frameworks.
- Demonstrated understanding and familiarity with standard IT process and application development methodologies.
- Experience with application development in a cloud environment.
- Proven experience leveraging and adopting software technology design standards, processes, methodologies, tools, and maturity models.
- Knowledge of industry trends, market forces, regulatory environment and business strategy; must be able to translate business strategy into architecture requirements.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.