The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like T-Mobile, Jaguar Land Rover, BBVA USA, and Kiehl’s — as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department and World Health Organization — trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
As an Associate Sales Engineer, you will assist in growing our client base with a focus on Fortune 50-500 clients across the United States. Our Sales Engineers use their in-depth understanding of customer and prospect needs to develop the appropriate solution footprint and benefit assessment. This involves performing the necessary needs assessment and analysis to clearly define the business objectives and capabilities, as well as the supporting business case, and demonstrating how those requirements are supported using Yext solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the Commercial Business Unit team during the sales process to assist in developing account / opportunity strategies, planning and execution.
- Utilize strong business acumen, including best practices and business processes, to understand and communicate business requirements and solutions strategy to customers and prospects.
- Communicate the value of Yext solutions and position in the marketplace. Help shape the evolution of our solutions by partnering with Customer Success, Product Management, Product Marketing and Development.
- Provide customer-specific product demonstrations in support of requirements and business cases.
- Build lasting, mutually beneficial relationships across enterprise accounts and strategic partners.
- Develop a strategy and multi-year vision for account penetration.
- Complete technical responses to RFPs and RFIs.
- Offer guidance on technical aspects of Yext solutions as part of the sales process.
What You Have
- Minimum 5 years of business experience preferably in a SaaS business environment.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing/product experiences and an understanding of how they connect brands and consumers.
- Sales and/or pre-sales experience with SaaS/Cloud products; experience in a marketing performance environment with a solid understanding of SEO and SEM is preferred.
- Proven history of quota attainment or team goal attainment.
- Experience selling to and working with C-Level and top line management to understand business strategy and objectives.
- Ability to develop business cases that communicate requirements and solutions strategy to enterprise level prospects and customers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; must be dynamic in presenting ideas to clients and prospective clients from VP to C-level
- Must work well in a team selling environment.
- BA/BS or similar college level education, MBA a plus.
- Travel needs vary by territory
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.