The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like T-Mobile, Jaguar Land Rover, BBVA USA, and Kiehl’s — as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department and World Health Organization — trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking a proven Area Vice President of Public Sector, who will build out a world class sales organization to serve our Federal, State & Local government agencies across the United States. The role will be responsible for hiring and managing a team of Account Executives generating revenue by closing sales with government agencies, via virtual and face-to-face contact. This is a hands-on player/coach management role with opportunity for growth.
You are committed to winning and taking advantage of the untapped agency base that could benefit from Yext’s product offering. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated track record of success of building a Federal and State sector team from the ground up, with a strong understanding of the digital landscape and a willingness to drive disruptive technology to improve Constituents’ Digital Journey.
What You’ll Do
- Build, oversee and help drive a team of field sales representatives that maximize sales revenues, attain corporate objectives and exceed sales goals
- Forecast annual, quarterly, and monthly sales revenue streams accurately
- Identify, develop, and implement effective sales plans and strategies
- Develop specific revenue plans for sales teams as needed to ensure growth in all products/services targeted by the organization.
- Provide coaching, advice, support, motivation or information to help individuals meet and ideally exceed their defined sales objectives
- Train and coach sales representatives to structure deals that exceed revenue expectations
- Serve as escalation point for issues beyond team authority; resolve team conflicts as necessary
- Perform sales activities for an assigned geographic area to achieve or exceed assigned revenue objectives
- Develop and test new sales strategies and tactics, replicating those that are most successful
- Keep abreast of and disseminate new product and industry knowledge to the team
- Maintain open communications and collaborate with cross-functional partners, including Client Services, Product Management, Consulting and Marketing to ensure timely and appropriate client solutions
- Work closely with Product Marketing on go-to market strategies and see them through to successful completion
- Participate in sales team meetings, sales management meetings and quarterly business reviews
What You Have
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience exceeding quota in an individual contributor federal sale
- 3+ years of demonstrated success leading and managing a federal sales team and exceeding team quotas
- Familiarity with GSA contracts, while creating demand for opportunities without a formal RFP
- Strong sales, recruiting, leadership, organization, planning and prioritization skills
- Results oriented with multiple years of meeting or exceeding quota
- Experience in bringing innovative / market defining products to market
- Good interpersonal skills to align and foster positive working relationships across the organization (internal and external)
- Exceptional Project Management skills
- Ability to develop and critically analyze a sales pipeline and forecast
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and flexible individual
- Ability to travel
- Experience in a marketing performance environment with a solid understanding of Search, SEO and SEM.
- SaaS, and strong partner connections.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.