Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Yext is seeking a Partner Engineer to work with our key clients and publishers. Partner Engineers should be strong Software engineers that also have strong communication skills. For example, we expect Partner Engineers to speak to key publishers (e.g. Google, Yelp), develop relationships, devise an integration strategy, and then actually perform the integration. This great opportunity offers a chance to work closely with multiple departments across Yext, as well as directly collaborate with our partners, publishers, and enterprise clients. If you enjoy working with people as much as you enjoy coding, this is the perfect role for you!
What You'll Do
- Guide new publishers on crafting various API endpoints and write code to implement the endpoints into the Yext platform
- Work with Yext’s Business Development and Product teams to get new publishers added to the Yext network by analyzing and recommending integration approaches based on their capabilities and existing infrastructure
- Investigate open APIs of non-integrated publishers
- Aid and manage integrating new enterprise and reseller customers into Yext's Knowledge Manager
- Troubleshoot technical issues in real-time
- Develop an expertise in Yext’s product offerings, underlying implementation and technical design
- Drive partner bugs, requirements and feature requests with Product and Engineering
- Write software in a number of languages (Java, Python, SQL etc.) to extend Yext’s product offerings for use in publisher and client integrations
What You Have
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or similar college level education
- Understanding of B2B, SaaS or client-facing, consumer products
- Strong knowledge of Java, and SQL, as well as knowledge of common API infrastructures like JSON, XML, and RESTful APIs
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences
- Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
- Occasional travel as the business requires
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.