The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
We are looking for a Director IT, Finance & HR Systems that will be accountable for delivering IT projects and production support to our Finance, HR, Legal teams as well as manage all enterprise-wide systems like intranet, collaboration and storage tools etc. This role will report to the CIO and be a part of the IT leadership team. In this position, you will have the opportunity to lead, build and coach a team that will deliver on meaningful, large scale technology programs. The work of your team will make systems/processes more efficient, reduce manual work, and enable the company to run better and make better decisions. We are looking for someone that is a self-starter with the right mix of strategic and tactical experience that can roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running. Ideally, this candidate will have prior Workday Financials delivery experience in a SaaS/Cloud based company. Workday HCM experience is highly desirable as well.
- This role is responsible for all IT applications in support of Finance (Workday Financials & Zuora), HR Workday HCM), Legal (CLM) and enterprise-wide systems such as storage, collaboration, intranet etc.
- Work with the CIO on IT strategic planning, budgeting and communication, including setting priorities and being accountable for planned commitments
- Responsible for delivering on the Corporate systems portfolio working closely with the IT PMO and business stakeholders. Ensure that the roadmap is kept up to date and well understood by all parties.
- Refine and own the governance process for intake/prioritization of Corporate business systems requests and ensure your team is working on the right things with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Act as the IT business systems stakeholder on critical projects, ensuring project success by understanding the needs of the business, taking direction from leadership, identifying appropriate solutions, and determining how technology should be leveraged to meet requirements.
- Conduct architecture and design review sessions with a cross-functional IT team for large projects to ensure configuration, development, integrations and reporting are being built optimally with scalability and usability in mind.
- Drive the team to towards optimal and standardized documentation of business systems that are continually updated and available for reference.
- Develop and manage business relationships with software partners and service providers. Negotiate smartly and ensure we are getting the best value out of our investments.
- Work with the security and compliance team to make sure the systems that are being implemented are compliant and secure, adhering to processes/procedures in place.
- Champion and be a role model in building a team culture that puts the customer first, builds for the long term, collaborates effectively and is results-oriented with a growth mindset.
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, empowered, engaged, and high performing team of business systems analysts and solution engineers.
- Minimum 10 to 12 years of proven experience as a credible leader of Business Systems Delivery with a focus on Finance and HR systems. At least 2 years at the Director level.
- Ideal candidate will have excellent leadership, management, interpersonal, organization and communication skills. He/she should have the ability to listen, influence, synthesize, lead and explain at all levels of the organization.
- Good understanding of Finance and HR business processes and IT solution design to be able to engage meaningfully with the business stakeholders.
- Passion for the intersection of business value, user experience and technology.
- Deep understanding of IT systems and infrastructure including SaaS products like Workday, Zuora, Netsuite and CLM.
- Experience presenting to execs and the larger organization on business systems activities
- Experience as a change agent, delivering large-scale technology projects involving change, for example implementing Workday Financials or HCM, Rev Rec (606) implementation etc
- Experience with SOX and the controls of a public company.
- Proven experience leading consolidation and rationalization of business systems and streamlining IT processes.
- High degree of integrity and transparency – walk the talk.
- Genuine passion for people development.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.