The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
We're looking for a talented Senior Director of Sales who will be responsible for prospecting new business opportunities to resell Yext’s revolutionary product offering. The Director of Sales will identify, nurture and close opportunities with new partners, driving the full sales cycle from first contact through contract negotiation. In this role, you will work cooperatively with internal departments, including account managers to ensure client satisfaction and identify up-sell opportunities. Ultimately, you will drive lead and sales velocity through the sale of strategic solutions that serve the best interests of our prospective and current partners.
- Achieve and exceed sales quota through identification, qualification and closure of new, upsell and cross-sell business
- Develop and cultivate relationships with high value partner prospects
- Understand partners’ needs and effectively communicate how Yext will meet them
- Mandatory use of Salesforce.com for activity logging, lead qualification, opportunity management, forecasting and maintenance of customer data
- Own and actively manage relationships with all acquired and inherited business which comprises your personal book of business
- Deliver product demonstrations and leverage Yext software knowledge to effectively and efficiently communicate value to prospects and clients
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of successful sales experience in an activity driven performance based environment
- Proven record of successfully developing and closing strategic partnerships
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a motivated self-starter
- Demonstrated history of consistent goal achievement in a highly competitive environment (top 10% performer)
- Expert knowledge of SEO, SEM, and the Yext product suite
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with a proven ability to interact with C-Level Executives and senior sales leaders
- Accurate forecasting and pipeline management
- Energetic, upbeat, entrepreneurial, tenacious team player
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities
- Ability to travel
- Mastery of consultative, value-based selling techniques
- Local, Display and/or Search market experience
- SaaS experience
- Passion for cloud technologies
- Working knowledge of MS-office software, web-based presentation platforms and Salesforce.com
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.