The Water/Wastewater Project Engineer / Project Manager position is responsible for performing and overseeing water and wastewater planning studies and hydraulic analyses, such as master plans, capacity studies and preliminary design reports. Responsibilities will also include performing engineering analyses, calculations and design relating to water and wastewater infrastructure, including pumping, storage and conveyance systems. The duties require the development of technical analyses including technical memoranda, technical reports, feasibility studies, preliminary engineering design, and final design (including the preparation construction plans, specifications, and cost estimates). Bid and Construction phase support is also required, including evaluation of construction bids, responding to contractor Requests for Information (RFIs), reviewing submittals, and evaluating construction change proposals. The individual will provide direction and oversight of junior engineering staff. The position takes direction from a Principal Engineer.
If you are dedicated and driven to uncover new and exciting solutions within a very fun company culture, then Wood Rodgers is for you.
We bring new ways of solving old problems in a very collaborative environment. We are inventors, we ask ‘why not?’ and we challenge convention. Sound like you? Read on:
What you’ll be doing
- Performing and/or overseeing hydraulic model development, calibration and analysis
- Preparation of planning studies such as master plans
- Gathering and reviewing background data for the design and implementation of projects
- Performing feasibility-level alternatives analyses and evaluations
- Preparing condition assessments for existing facilities
- Authoring technical memoranda and reports
- Developing plans, specifications, and estimates for public infrastructure projects
- Providing engineering services during construction, including review of contractor submittals, responding to RFI’s, providing design clarifications, etc.
Things you should know about
- Will oversee the work of junior level engineer staff and GIS/CAD Technicians.
- Project-Level Fiscal Responsibility
- Provide coordination and direction for staff, subconsultants and other disciplines
- Experience interacting with public sector clients
- 10+ Years of industry experience
- 3-6 years of experience performing the essential duties listed above
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- PE Licensure in California
What it takes
- Demonstrated knowledge of Civil or Mechanical Engineering principles, practices, and methods of design, construction, and maintenance for water and sewer infrastructure including pump/lift stations, pipelines, tanks, reservoirs, flow control facilities and appurtenances facilities.
- Excellent skills relating to writing and oral communication.
- Ability to make sound decisions regarding complex engineering problems.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, computer aided drafting, word processing, project scheduling, and spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge of GIS
- Working knowledge of water and sewer hydraulic modeling programs, such as InfoWater and InfoSewer