Location & Flexibility
Our Human Resources Business Partner will be an integral part of our team at WillowTree. To help retain our deep culture of collaboration among ourselves, this role will maintain an in-office presence in a hybrid (Work From Near) capacity. Please indicate which of our available office location(s) you're interested in via the application form below.
Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, Hilton, Nestle, PepsiCo, and many more.
As a Human Resources Business Partner, you'll be a strategic partner to executives in designated areas of our business. You'll provide coaching and subject matter expertise to executives and managers to drive performance improvements and successful outcomes of personnel challenges. You'll be a key resource for internal team members regarding performance development and career growth. You'll collaborate with the HR Operations team to cultivate an environment where everyone at WillowTree can thrive.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Coach and support managers and executives to ensure our performance development system is helping team members grow and thrive
- Support our team members’ career growth and ensure WillowTree remains one of the Best Places to Work
- Operate autonomously within a specific practice, while also cross-collaborating with the rest of the HR team to create an extraordinary experience for our team members to ensure they’ll want to stay and thrive at WillowTree
- Advocate and develop a culture that values meaningful mentorship, inclusion, and innovation
- Facilitate an amazing team member experience at all touch-points of their WT career lifecycle
- Champion the use of our performance management system within the company to influence open communication and feedback
- Assist our leadership with performance management and employee coaching
- Work with our HR team to manage our performance appraisals, feedback program, and overall performance development processes
- Partner with leadership and team members to tailor HR best practices to meet their evolving needs.
- Collaborate with HR peers to drive innovative solutions, implement best practices and advocate for teams as needed.
- 5+ years of experience with many different aspects of Human Resources - from performance management and employment law to employee relations and benefits administration
- Experience in an HRBP role
Experience coaching executives and managers in challenging situations
- Expertise managing an HRIS (eg. BambooHR, UKG, Kronos, Workday) and Performance Management System (eg. Lattice, Workday)
- You’re passionate about inclusion and always looking for ways to make people feel heard
- You don’t shy away from difficult conversations — you’re comfortable giving and receiving feedback to help team members go beyond their full potential
- You have your PHR or SHRM-CP Certification
- Background in the creative or tech industry
- You have experience in a fast-growing company with changing business needs
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.