Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re one of YC’s top companies and one of the fastest growing marketplaces ever. We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work. You can read our principles here.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce. We’re building the future of ecommerce; an interactive community where creators can make a living off their passion.
Did we mention we’re high growth? In January, Whatnot was 10 people. Today, the Whatnot team is approaching 100 and will exceed 120 by year end. We’re hiring forward thinking problem solvers across all functional areas. We recruit thoughtfully, can adapt quickly, and are scaling fully remotely.
- Drive the product roadmap, product strategy and roadmap execution
- Define product requirements & work with engineering, design and broader team to bring our roadmap to market at lightning speed
- Clearly communicate roadmap, progress, and insights to key teams and stakeholders
- Do whatever it takes to ensure the engineering team is operating effectively, unblock them and make sure they can move at a rapid pace
- Take ownership of any major blocker to the company’s success
- Drive strategic initiatives across the company as needed
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
- You have 5+ years work and 3+ years product management
- Startup experience
- Comfort working exceptionally fast in an ambiguous work environment
- Strong product intuition and design sense
- Proven track record of using data, user feedback and intuition to drive sound product decisions
- Able to ruthlessly prioritize the most impactful work
- You know that product decisions don't end and begin with data and a/b tests
🙏 Nice to Have
- You previously founded a startup
- Have experience working on a marketplace or two-sided platform
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and No Meeting Holidays
- Amazing Health Insurance options including a no premium plan, Dental and Vision Plans with less than $1 monthly employee contribution, and no cost Life Insurance
- 13 Week Parental Leave
- $200 to spend within Whatnot App
- $3500 expense to buy your computer and at home work station
- $100 weekly expense for Lunch
- $75 monthly expense for Internet
- $75 monthly expense for Cell Phone plan
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.