Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, and as a remote-first team, we operate out of hubs within the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, and Germany today.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
- Growth engineers at Whatnot have big ownership and velocity in order to significantly impact the company top-line metrics. To achieve our goals, we are passionate about understanding our buyer and seller experiences and becoming experts in our business metrics.
- We always prioritize the highest impact features and ship them quickly. As a growth engineer you will have a lot of freedom to research and find new opportunities to drive the product direction. As a result, it's a fun team to work on!
- The breadth of projects are wide as we will work on any project necessary to grow us faster but some sample growth team projects are: features that help new sellers become successful", features that help new users understand and love the product, along with the typical growth products like authentication, activation, email / notifications, SEO, performance marketing, and more.
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
As our next Software Engineer on our Growth team, you should have 5+ years of full-time software engineering experience in high growth startups, plus:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent product instincts. You first think about users rather than the best technical solution.
- Proven track record of delivering features. You are known for shipping products and features lightning-fast.
- Experience working across the stack is nice to have, but not required!
For US-based applicants: $178,000 - $235,000/year + benefits + stock options
The salary range may be inclusive of several levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be based on a number of factors including, level, relevant prior experience, skills and expertise. This range is only inclusive of base salary, not benefits (more details below) or equity in the form of stock options.
- Flexible Time off Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision
- Work From Home Support
- $1,000 home office setup allowance
- $150 monthly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $450 monthly allowance on food
- $500 monthly allowance for wellness
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Retirement; 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts in the US (employer match up to 4% of base salary) and Pension plans internationally
- Parental Leave
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave + one month gradual return to work *company leave allowances run concurrently with country leave requirements which take precedence.
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.