Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning. With our multi-national world-class technical team, we’re building things differently.
We don’t think it’s scalable to tell an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that using experience and data will allow our algorithms to be more intelligent: capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our aim is to be the future of self-driving cars: the first to deploy in 100 cities across the world bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
The impact you will have
We are looking for an experienced employment tax specialist to take ownership of the Group’s UK and international employment tax affairs. You would be the go-to person in the area of employment tax - responsible for strategic tax planning, tax risk mitigation, tax governance and compliance, as well as leading ad-hoc projects across the Company. You would support our employees in key tax areas of rewards and equity, global mobility, and regulation - ensuring that we build the strongest possible platform to attract and retain the best talent globally.
As the subject-matter expert in the area of employment tax, you would help drive the strategy and implementation of the Company’s rewards and benefits schemes. You would ensure that the Company’s strategy around global mobility is optimised and build the necessary processes required for compliance (e.g. STBV) - across the core UK and US geographies, and other non-core geographies. This would also include an understanding of employment law - where you would help formulate policies around hiring employees, contractors (e.g IR35) and interns. As the business expands into new geographies, you would make sure that sufficient tax and compliance planning has been completed up front to allow frictionless scaling. You would be the proactive tax leader the business would look to when making strategically important decisions affecting employees’ tax.
This position reports directly to the Head of Finance, who leads the Finance group at Wayve. This is a great opportunity to join the small, but fast-growing Finance team at Wayve, and have a key senior role in the build out and development of the team.
- A strong background in employment tax across both the UK and the USA, gained in practice or in industry, demonstrated by 5+ years working experience in this field
- ACA, ACCA, CTA, or similar qualified with strong accounting knowledge
- Deep experience working with employee equity schemes across the UK and the USA
- Excellent understanding of tax considerations around global mobility, particularly relating to the UK and USA
- Strong grasp of governance and compliance requirements across key corporate and employment areas
- Ability to work across a range of responsibilities from group employment tax strategy to share scheme administration - where no job is “too small”
- Exceptional organisational skills and a structured approach to problem solving - proactively solving problems before they arise
- "Best-in-class" mindset - ensuring that the Company is operating with the quality of a publicly-listed business when it comes to governance and compliance
- Excellent communication skills - with the ability to explain complex tax matters to a non-tax audience, and support employees with empathy and compassion
- Strong attention to detail with a quantitative mindset - allowing wider stakeholders to trust and rely on your recommendations across all tax areas
- This is a full time role
- The role will be based in our Kings Cross office, with a minimum of 2 days in the office
- You must complete this confidentiality letter before interviewing
This is our ideal candidate, but by no means the only candidate; we all have different strengths. If you don’t match 100% but believe you could do the job well, we would love to hear from you.
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- On-site chef and bar, lots of fun socials, workplace nursery scheme and more!
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving, and thus to tackle one of the biggest challenges of our time
- Help relocating/travelling to London, with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.