Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class team of researchers and engineers, we’re using data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, learning from experience and data.
Where you’ll have an impact
We’re looking for an adventurous and talented Senior Applied Scientist to join our Deep Robotics team. You’ll be a key member of our diverse and cross-functional team, helping to teach robots how to drive in complex real-world environments. Our work encompasses many aspects of research across perception, prediction, planning, control and simulation:
- leveraging our large, rich, and diverse sources of real-world driving data
- employing the latest advances in model architecture (CNNs, transformers, world models, etc)
- which learning algorithms to use (e.g. reinforcement learning, behavioural cloning)
- how to leverage simulation for controlled experimental insight, training data augmentation, and re-simulation
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- Experience developing robot decision-making with deep learning
- Experience building and deploying robotics algorithms in the real world
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks (Python and Pytorch preferred)
- Strong oftware engineering leadership skills with the ability to deliver high quality code, including code-reviewing, integration, data management, source control, etc.
- Technical leadership experience, e.g. where you led a project, team, feature development or trial
- Mobile robotics experience
- PhD or MSc in robotics, computer science, engineering or related field
What we offer you
- Attractive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomy and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- Bespoke learning and development opportunities
- Relocation support with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your time
- Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, enhanced parental leave, and more!
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.