The Producer at Vimeo will report to the Director, Live Production and be responsible for overseeing the full end-to-end live Production of each assigned event. The successful candidate is a highly-organized individual, who works well on their feet and communicates efficiently and effectively. This person possesses a wide range of technical, creative, and Production management skills.
The three requirements of the successful candidate are:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, uses critical reasoning to solve a problem.
- Comfortable interacting with clients and representing Livestream on events.
- Ability to work long hours and handle stressful situations in fast-paced work environments.
The Producer role is a unique opportunity to tackle an immense market with an immense growth potential that is still largely unrealized. The core responsibility of the Producer is to successfully execute a variety of live broadcasts for clients from inception to delivery.
Producers assumes many varied responsibilities, both in the office and on assigned jobs. When the Producer is in the office, their responsibilities include:
- Reporting directly to the Director, Live Production (and Senior Producer as the Team Lead)
- Maintaining in-house equipment and archives of all Production recordings, photos, and other assets
- Upholding Production processes, etc.
- Contributing to overall productivity of Production Services team
Producers are assigned to jobs in the field as-needed. Once the Producer has been assigned to a job, their responsibilities include:
- Working with Vimeo Project Managers and Account Managers and interfacing with the client to secure Production details and technical needs for each assigned job
- Handling all Pre-Production needs for the job including securing freelancers, rental equipment, Production assets and travel logistics.
- Building a technical and creative workflow and implementing any contingency plans to cover possible failure points
- Leading the crew in building the workflow and setting up all Production elements on site, fulfilling any technical role required
- Gathering and submitting all assets, expense reports, and invoices related to the Production
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Prior video production experience required
- Camera and audio experience a plus
- Ability to least at least 50 pounds and comfortable working at heights
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes at short notice
- Valid passport required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have experience with live broadcast to be considered for this position
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.