Vimeo is looking for a highly strategic and high-performing Communications Director with the talent and drive to evangelize the pioneer in video marketing quality and control.
Reporting to the VP of Corporate Marketing, this highly visible leadership role will be responsible for developing and driving the rhythm and content of external and related internal communications. You will have proven success as a master storyteller capable of identifying unmet market needs, then building target, compelling narratives that capture attention and mindshare. You will have a track record of entrepreneurially working across an organization to build, refine, and package stories, then collaborate with colleagues, external agencies, and consultants to ensure they hit their mark in terms of increased awareness and revenue growth.
You’ll be a great fit for the role if you’re a seasoned communications executive with a track record of inspiring teams, pushing creative and original ideas, and growing audience affinity.
What you’ll do:
- Develop Vimeo’s PR, analyst relations, and related internal communications strategies. Own execution of associated plans, including scope, target outcomes, key metrics and measures, and required inputs and resources to deliver.
- Craft narratives to articulate business strategies and curate editorial news flow and content across channels.
- Support internal communications alongside our talented internal comms lead to ensure employees worldwide are aware of, fully understand, and feel actively engaged in our efforts.
- Drive consistency and cohesion of all corporate messaging and thought leadership communications for the company across all communications channels (e.g. website, social, press, etc)
- Proactively source and package stories of interest across Viemo’s employees, customers, and operations including development of related assets and deliverables (e.g. articles, videos, infographics). Liaise with internal subject matter experts on unique perspectives and data findings.
- Elevate the voice of the CEO and other key leaders via a speaker’s bench and drive Vimeo’s public speaking opportunities, working closely with product marketing and field marketing.
- Form strong, collaborative relationships across Vimeo to provide strategic counsel and develop and implement communications strategies that support priorities.
- Apply digital acumen and forward thinking to get ahead of trends, leverage analytics to shape communications and identify new, innovative approaches to engage and stay relevant.
- Work with Vimeo’s PR agency to leverage their and your relationships with key media outlets and reporters to drive awareness of Vimeo, the experts in our community, customer success/results, and unique corporate culture.
- Train and develop company spokespeople to optimize success of press interviews, strategic influencer interactions, social media, and public speaking.
- Develop and institute communications protocols, best practices, and processes that will drive greater efficiencies in how we work and operate as a global team.
- Track and report on KPIs to identify.
Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of corporate communications and PR experience.
- You’re a strong and creative thinker with stellar written and verbal communication skills - particularly the ability to write clear and persuasive “human” and relatable content that engages a wide range of stakeholders. No jargon or business-speak please!
- Subject matter expertise in B2B SaaS required; consumer tech experience a plus
- Take initiative in leading projects and presenting new perspectives
- Demonstrated experience developing, directing and executing strategic communications programs that blend PR, content marketing, social media, and data.
- Experience helping disruptive technology companies develop compelling corporate messaging, storylines and thought leadership platforms.
- Entrepreneurial drive: a “builder” who can toggle between strategy and execution.
- Strong critical thinking capabilities and the ability to connect dots and leverage resources for the best outcome.
- A mix of in-house and agency experience.
- A solid grasp of narrative, awareness of audiences, exceptional attention to detail, and a forward-thinking team player who works collaboratively; comfortable with change and ambiguity.
*Please note, we are looking to hire this role in New York, NY, Seattle, WA, Los Angeles, CA or San Francisco, CA.
Targeted Base Salary Range: $149,00.00 to $227,500.00
The base salary range listed above is for candidates located in the U.S., including the New York City metro area.
At Vimeo, we strive to hire and nurture amazing talent across the globe. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, specialized skills, internal alignment and a candidate’s home base.
Base salary is just one component of Vimeo’s total rewards philosophy. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that appeal to the variety of needs across our diverse employee base! Other rewards may include bonus or commission, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, generous 401k match, wellbeing resources, and more.
Vimeo (NASDAQ:VMEO) is the world’s most innovative video experience platform. We enable anyone to create high-quality video experiences to connect better and bring ideas to life. We proudly serve our growing community of nearly 300 million users — from creative storytellers to globally distributed teams at the world’s largest companies. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.