At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering next-level tools that combine power with ease of use. More than any other team, the engineers who work on professional-grade video tools for creators have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
What you'll do:
- Lead and manage the Creator Platform in development and technical discussions
- Drive the creation of high-performance tools that combine scalability with user experience
- Write clean, portable, and well-documented code
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, while continuously iterating on product features
- Identify areas for optimization from both a performance and development workflow perspective
What we're expecting:
- 5+ years of technical experience working on consumer-facing products
- Experience directly leading engineering teams and processes
- Strong experience developing within a dynamic web environment (Python, PHP, Ruby on Rails, etc.)
- An obsessive approach to performance and optimization
- A strong eye for product design and interactivity with unwavering attention to detail
- Big-picture thinking: you understand how individual parts fit into the whole of a website, and strategize for scale and efficiency
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience or knowledge of BEM
- Solid background in object-oriented programming for the web
- Strong portfolio or public code (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
About Vimeo’s Creator Platform team:
Vimeo's Creator Platform team is responsible for empowering people to put amazing videos out into the world. We spend our days building a product we love for the rapidly growing community of video professionals, filmmakers, and brands using Vimeo to upload and share their work. Whether launching new tools, obsessing about the latest video technology, or spreading the good word of Vimeo, we aim to serve our millions of users with the same empathy, creativity, and quality they put into their videos.
About the Engineering team:
Vimeo's Creator Platform Engineering Team is responsible for ensuring our site and apps continue to perform above and beyond industry standards for our users worldwide. We work tirelessly to improve Vimeo’s user, desktop, and mobile web and native app experiences. Some of the our team’s most notable achievements include a complete rebuild of the Vimeo player to embrace open web standards and default to HTML5, and building the very first video-sharing site to support high-definition(HD) uploading and playback.
Vimeo’s mission is to empower creators to make, share and sell amazing videos directly to viewers worldwide, in the highest quality possible and with no interruptive advertising. Vimeo is home to the world’s leading video creators and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them. We’d love to welcome you to both our team, and our community.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, Inc is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).