Vimeo’s Customer Support organization is searching for a hardworking, technical, passionate and analytical Support Specialist focussed towards customers and their experience. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for supporting SaaS products for the global customers.
Our advanced platform and passionate customers are matched by an equally remarkable Support team who provide expert assistance on topics like video playback, compression, uploading, embedding, distribution, subscription management, and using our apps.
This role will report to the Manager, Customer Support and work across the customer support team on initiatives that drive the best experience for customers across email, chat and phones.
What you will do:
● Support global customers across multiple Vimeo products via phone, chat, email, web and social media channels
● Work in any of the 24x7 rotational shifts, as required by business
● Rely on internal documentation to handle complex billing, account access, and technical troubleshooting for Vimeo, Vimeo Live, and OTT
● Focus in one or more specific product support area(s)/vertical(s) to handle, help triage, and resolve escalated issues and cases requiring highly customized responses and/or additional troubleshooting
● Respond to customers in a prompt and professional manner, taking care to provide thorough, thoughtful replies
● Take a proactive stance in approaching ticket replies as well as broader user issues.
● Expertly troubleshoot, vet and resolve tickets/issues reported by users and staff, reporting bugs to the Engineering team
● Build and sustain productive relationships with internal stakeholders and collaborate to continually refine the customer experience
● Monitor reported issues and own them all the way from initial troubleshooting and communication to final closure with affected users
● Monitor and assist in reporting pain points, feature requests, and additional feedback to be shared with Product and Engineering stakeholders
● Respond to internal escalations and questions from other teams in Slack or email
● Assist in documenting troubleshooting procedures for technically complex features or bugs
● Explore and test the product (to get familiar with different features), developing a keen, comprehensive knowledge of our platforms and systems within given area of focus.
● Review our Internal Knowledge Base and macros and collaborate with our Knowledge Management team to create, add, or edit content
● Adhere and exceed operational KPI’s like CSAT, first response SLA, ticket resolution SLA’s etc
● Be proactive, Investigate and resolve escalated customer issues, ensuring we are adhering to our team's mission of building lasting relationships with our customers
● Run point on outages, update our public-facing status page and support team
Expected minimum number of years in this role: 1-2 years (relevant experience)
Skills and knowledge you should possess to succeed:
● BE/B Tech (Comp Science), MCA
● 2+ years of proven experience in Customer Support/Technical Support or equivalent high
performance operational support teams
● Excellent written/spoken communication skills in English
● Customer service experience and a refined approach towards maintaining customer relationships
● Excellent technical troubleshooting skills (a knack for investigating unexpected technical issues and determining the cause)
● Proactive mindset in approaching day to day work
● Great instincts for how to represent Vimeo publicly
● Experience in issue tracking and support ticketing systems
● Experience working in IT organizations focused on supporting live streaming, OTT platforms, video
production / hosting, conferencing tools, Video on Demand, Payment gateways