We are looking for self-starter, motivated and extraordinary individuals with strong communication and interpersonal skills to join our Site Reliability Engineering(SRE) team that supports the database infrastructure, as well as builds and runs a platform that delivers Vimeo product/services to all of its customers around the world.
- Deep understanding of Vimeo infrastructure and capable of debugging/troubleshooting any incidents involving any service.
- Self-starter, motivated, with exceptional interpersonal skills as well as a positive and flexible approach to problems
- Innovate in the use of technical solutions
- Build tools/services that can handle infrastructure at scale with stress on security, telemetry and monitoring.
- On call for incident escalations and infrastructure task handling.
- Cultivate strong relationships, communication and collaborate with peers and across teams.
- Mentor Associate team members and collaborate with them effectively.
Skills And Qualifications
- B-Tech/M-Tech in Computer science or equivalent degree
- Minimum 8 years of experience with one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g., C/C++/Java/Python/Go/Ruby/PHP) and good at algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in systems engineering.
- Deep expertise in architecting, building, and operating distributed container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes, Mesos..etc.
- Deep understanding of architectural patterns of high-scalability distributed systems
- Have led cross-functional teams, large projects, or owned and built an important, complex system end to end
- Application troubleshooting skills, including Linux/Unix system internals(e.g., filesystems, system calls), networking and database
- Linux platform management skill set
- Experience with the cloud infrastructure/technologies and validate which one fits best for our need be it AWS or Google Cloud
- Excellent communication skills
You should have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, tight deadline delivery timeline. As a part of this dynamic team, you will help us build the Vimeo experience on a global scale.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 260 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs