Vimeo's Video Platform team is responsible for the systems and services that upload, transcode, and deliver billions of plays and hundreds of petabytes of on-demand and live videos.
The ideal candidate for this role is a technically savvy critical thinker, with diligence and passion for creating great tests, optimizing test coverage, and contributing to high-quality release candidate builds and production deployments. Creative collaboration with other Automators, QA Analysts, Product Leads, and Software Engineers will be essential for success in this role...
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain automated tests across various components of the Video Platform
- Monitor results, diagnose and effectively report discovered issues to the Video Engineering Team. Constantly evaluate video performance via metrics and manual testing
- Work alongside several engineering and support teams across the video and product platform
- Develop a deep understanding of Vimeo's video pipeline, from upload to playback
- Troubleshoot complex video issues on multiple platforms
- Help triage incoming bug reports from support
- Mentor more junior team members
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 4+ years experience writing and debugging software
- Experience in setting up testing frameworks
- Excellent communication, documentation and collaboration skills
- Strong independent drive and problem-solving mentality
- Experience testing APIs
- Experience with testing both desktop and mobile web platforms
- Strong familiarity with leading automated testing tools (e.g. Postman, Webdriver/Selenium/Cypress, Jasmine/Mocha/Jest)
- Familiarity with media encoding/playback (Media Source Extensions, ffmpeg)
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.