We are looking for a proven frontend developer to work as a part of our Growth team. You will be responsible for the Vimeo website to ensure maximum footfall and conversion and working on projects to improve the website and usability and grow the Vimeo SaaS business. Your work will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work closely with the UI/UX designers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will work with product managers to ensure that the changes meet the business requirements and important metrics. You will ensure that features are released with utmost quality and “customers comes first” attitude.
What you’ll do:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Design and own reusable components across the website
- Lead the effort for best practices for web application’s scalability, usability, SEO, performance and page score
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and implement the same
- Collaborate with other team members and partners
If you are someone who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming and keeps a tab on new developments in technology — then you are the right fit for us!
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Bachelors of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 1+ years of relevant experience
- Good understanding & working experience with React.js and nodeJs is highly recommended, else equivalent experience with other SPA frameworks is required.
- Understanding of server side programming languages like PHP is a bonus.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 & CSS3 and responsive designs with media queries are the table stakes.
- Good understanding of Object oriented programming concepts is required.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Working knowledge of Linux / Mac environments
- Cares deeply about clean and semantic code, and a passion for delivering a great user experience
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.