Recently Vimeo became a public company (NASDAQ:VMEO). As we continue to experience tremendous growth we’re looking for a strategic external communications professional to help tell the Vimeo story in the media, with IT analyst relations, and with industry events.
You have experience launching technology/software products and have familiarity with the B2B SaaS technology category and the video industry. Additionally, Vimeo’s ecosystem of partners is growing exponentially as the world recognizes video isn’t a nice to have, it’s a need to have. You should be familiar with technology partner programs and communications efforts
You should also be able to anticipate and prepare for trends, as well as be opportunistic in sourcing, developing, and placing high-impact media stories and thought leadership programs that demonstrate how Vimeo is unlocking the power of video!
What you’ll do:
- Create integrated and strategic global communications campaigns and programs to tell the Vimeo story, particularly our competitive advantages across products and partnerships.
- Devise creative external communications campaigns and ongoing proactive outreach about Vimeo’s products and partnerships with media, IT analysts, and influencers.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with relevant tech and business reporters, as well as IT Analysts
- Create processes, mechanisms, and playbooks to ensure efficiency and strategic alignment
- Draft media announcements and thought leadership assets, (e.g., scripts, presentations, blog posts, etc.)
- Train and support spokespeople with media and speaking opportunities
- Serve as a resident communications specialist on go-to-market plans.
- Work closely with marketing, product, partnerships teams to cohesively approach communications projects and activities.
- Provide corporate-level support as needed
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 7+ years of technology public relations experience, in-house or at an agency
- Experience planning and executing global product launches at scale
- Experience running national and industry media relationships as well as with IT analysts
- Experience in the B2B SaaS technology category
- Expertise building and executing creative thought leadership programs, executive-level messaging, and associated content, using industry research and trends
- Excellent writing skills for multiple audiences
- Demonstrated social media expertise
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, technical, and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.