Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible
Our platform has robust analytics tools that can tell video creators where people are from, where they click, and even track where in a video someone stopped watching—giving creators insights into creating engaging content in the future.
As a Front-End Engineer on the Data team, you will create and maintain high-quality visualization and reporting tools that provide deeper understanding of video analytics data. You will work closely with our product, design and engineering teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate and test new features.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and improve tools for video creators that combine high-quality user experience with performance and scalability
- Grow technically and professionally in a collaborative and inclusive environment with opportunities to learn and share with others
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 2+ years of experience with the React framework
- 2+ years of experience with data visualization libraries (D3, ChartJS, Highcharts)
- Experience working with Restful APIs and working knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with at least one server side programming (PHP, Python, Java, Rails, NodeJs, etc.)
- A strong eye for product design and interactivity, and unwavering attention to detail
- An understanding of basic performance optimization for web applications
- Knowledge of agile software development process and familiarity with performance metric tools
- Ability to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- NoSQL (MongoDB, Hbase, Casandra) database experience a plus
- Cloud Provider exposure (AWS tools, Google Cloud tools, Azure tools)
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.