Vimeo is looking for a Machine Learning (ML) Researcher to join our ML Research team. Vimeo’s platform provides the highest quality video tools for filmmakers, businesses, and video enthusiasts around the globe.
The Machine Learning Research team at Vimeo is focused on developing, deploying, and maintaining machine learning models to help support and enhance the capabilities of various teams across Vimeo. We work with a wide selection of projects, driven by algorithms to understand Users and Videos.
What you’ll do:
- Perform research on a variety of datasets available on Vimeo's platform, in the fields of Computer Vision & NLP.
- Conduct a full cycle of research from problem definition, to investigating and optimizing potential solutions.
- Be part of a cross functional team, and be the AI specialist on the team, exploring and evaluating potential impact to the problem in hand.
- Partner with relevant teams to deploy and apply research outcomes, as well as monitor KPIs and model performance in production.
- Learn and teach others on the state of the art AI technologies, take an active part in driving AI innovation across the organization.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- M.Sc./Ph.D or relevant industry research experience with a focus on machine learning or related areas.
- At least 2 years industry experience in applying machine learning to real-world problems.
- Strong programming skills and experience in Python.
- In-depth knowledge of deep learning with at least one of the following areas:
Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems, Search, Personalization, Reinforcement Learning.
- Strong understanding of the production aspects of machine learning models.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Experience with Text and Video understanding.
- Familiarity with Engineering operation tools, such as Docker, Cloud, Jenkins, etc.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning, experiment management platforms, such as KubeFlow.
- Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks such as TensorFlow, Pytorch
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.