We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. We are looking for someone who will be passionate about working with big data sets and also do have the expertise to utilize these datasets to answer business questions and drive for best in class analytics, dashboard design and new innovative approaches.
What you’ll do
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Brainstorm and create new platforms which will help in our quest to make data available to users in all shapes and forms, with low latency and horizontal scalability.
- Work with internal stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Make changes to our data platform, refactoring/redesigning as needed and diagnosing any problems across the entire technical stack.
- Design and develop a real-time events pipeline for Data ingestion for real-time dash-boarding.
- Develop complex and efficient functions to transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components.
- Monitor job performances, file system/disk-space management, cluster & database connectivity, log files, management of backup/security and troubleshooting various user issues.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Programming/debugging skills in Java/Scala/Python
- Database Knowledge (MySQL, Oracle, Redis, Memcache, etc)
- Hands-on with Design, Coding, Debugging and Testing
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Very good in Algorithms, Data structures, and Time Complexities
- Very good knowledge of OOPS and Design patterns.
- Willingness to learn and experiment with new technology.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure is preferable.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.