Lead Product Designer
Vimeo’s mission is to empower creators to make, share and market the highest quality videos to viewers worldwide.
Vimeo Israel is focussed entirely on this mission - we are building an AI powered video creation tool designed to be best in class for simplicity as well as quality of output, which is a serious challenge and requires the best talent to achieve.
About product design at Vimeo
At the core of Vimeo’s DNA is a focus on seamless and intuitive workflow, and designers at Vimeo have a major impact on the business. Since Vimeo’s inception, we've designed beautiful, minimalistic UI around the world’s best videos, an incredibly friendly website, and engaging mobile and TV experiences.
About this role
As Lead Product Designer, you’ll manage a nimble and growing design team. You’ll work closely with engineers, product managers, team stakeholders and senior Vimeo management in New York, acting as point person in Israel for product design & UX conversations. We’re not looking for a ‘pure’ manager - we’re looking for a design leader who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, who can raise the bar experientially and aesthetically through individual contribution as well as mentorship and guidance of the team.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of 3 product designers (and growing), to execute simple and beautiful designs at a rapid cadence that combine intuitive UX with a cohesive, cross-platform product
- Be the guardian of the Vimeo brand and product consistency, while also identify opportunities for improvement.
- Actively engage in user research, product data review and maintain current competitive market knowhow to identify trends and make wise design decisions
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of your work, including that of your team, and take responsibility for every last detail
- Shepherd the design of new features from the concept phase all the way to release and beyond, creating product spec, process flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, data analysts and developers of all levels and diverse experience to creatively solve problems and reach our goals
- Develop a constructive process to mentor and guide the work of your team, including regular 1-on-1 meetings and assistance in prioritisation
- You will report to VP Design in New York
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- At least 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar UX-related role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Experience with SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) metrics and how to iteratively build products that grow a business
- Portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant product experience, showing work and process – and illustrate how it was informed by quantitive and qualitive user research
- Ability to communicate your design vision through verbal and written explanation, sketching, or quick mock-ups to small or large groups, from designers to the leadership team
- Experience managing tasks for a small team of designers
- Proficient English and Hebrew
- 10+ years experience in digital product design
- Management experience as a Design Manager or Product Manager
- Bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent UX experience
- Prototyping know-how (Invision, Principle, Flinto, Framer etc)
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.