We're looking for a Sales Engineer to join our growing Sales Engineering team! As a Sales Engineer at Vimeo, you will partner with our Sales team as a technical resource while engaging with prospective clients within the media and business communications space. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding potential customers' technical needs and translating how our platform offerings could be a fit. You will be proficient in the technical aspects of Vimeo's platforms, and will advise on and design solutions for potential customers.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and maintain expertise in feature functionality and practical application of all Vimeo product offerings
- Help companies across varying industries to understand and evaluate the technical capabilities of our products, leading evaluation cycles to gain product fit consensus.
- Understand and interpret prospective customer requirements, delivering customized product demonstrations to match customer needs
- Design, validate, and document technical solutions to share with prospective customers and Vimeo teams.
- Collect and analyze feedback from prospective customers to influence roadmap, collaborating with sales engineering, engineering, and product management teams to meet our prospects' business challenges and align with Vimeo's business objectives
- Participate in RFI/RFP process and respond to technical assessments
Skills & Knowledge You Should Possess:
- 2+ years' professional experience working in a pre-sales, sales engineering, or related consulting role, preferably in the digital video industry
- Experience fully understanding technology platform capabilities
- Experience representing technical concepts to an audience of varying technical understanding
- Excellent verbal, written communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships with potential customers, understand their environment, and introduce new concepts to solve problems
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- Comfort with a fluid, fast-paced environment
- A passion for problem solving and roll up your sleeves demeanor
- Experience with live streaming and working with client-side coding languages and REST-based APIs a strong plus