Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 175 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
The Growth team at Vimeo explores opportunities to grow our user base and revenue across the product. The team’s challenge is to identify the highest impact ideas and turn them into compelling customer experiences that grow the business.
Vimeo’s Growth team needs a pragmatic, tenacious designer with a strong bias for action. Someone who loves data, iterating and generating strong hypothesis-based ideas!
What you’ll do:
- Design data-driven, user-centric experiences that support key Growth metrics and Vimeo’s product vision
- Partner with a design lead and work across functions with product managers, data analysts and engineers of all levels to understand problem spaces and develop hypotheses to test, learn and iterate
- Directly engage with users and translate quantitative data, qualitative insights, and prior experiment results into informed design decisions and new ideas
- Design from the concept phase all the way to release and beyond, creating high level user stories, process flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Execute simple and beautiful designs at a rapid cadence while balancing multiple projects/experiments at once
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- At least 2–3 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Excellent user-centered design skills - you are detail-oriented and have a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a proficiency in Figma/Sketch and modern prototyping tools
- Excellent communication skills - you can clearly articulate your design vision through verbal and written explanation, sketching, or quick mock-ups to small or large groups, from designers to the leadership team
- Ability to be autonomous - you take initiative and ownership of projects while collaborating with cross-functional partners and other designers, seeking and providing feedback with a positive sense of curiosity!
- Portfolio or samples of responsive web and native product design work driven by quantitive and qualitative user research
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Prior experience in a Growth role
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.