As a Sr. Software Engineer you’ll work closely with other members of the Core Services team to help build new backend services to power Vimeo’s high-performance infrastructure as well as improve the performance of existing services. We serve over 200 PB of video a month, with over 1.5 millennia of content uploaded each year! You will help ensure the Vimeo plumbing allows our developers to move quickly while maintaining the stability, availability, performance, and usability of the current system.
What you'll do:
- Help to plan service implementation and design, and work with the rest of the team to ensure the plan is workable.
- In your first 90 days, work with different teams to enhance and scale existing services. You may embed with our API, data, or product teams to help them build new services and answer questions about existing frameworks that Core Services maintains.
- By the end of your first year, build and get up and running multiple services (written in Go) by collaborating across Vimeo’s tech teams to ensure they are transitioning their services smoothly.
- Day-to-day, use your deep knowledge of service-oriented architectures, Golang, and distributed systems to plan and build core components and architecture. You’ll build the infrastructure that is used throughout Vimeo to help us shed legacy baggage and ensure our app is performant as we iterate and evolve.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Experience working high-throughput, high-availability, and cloud-deployed distributed applications
- Microservice implementation and design experience
- Production-level Golang and one other of PHP/Python/Ruby/C++
- SOA and service deployment
- Deep understanding of REST, GRPC, how the Internet works: TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, DNS
- Strong Linux/UNIX fundamentals
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience with Linux containerization technologies
- Experience with cluster managers like Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed metrics systems like Graphite, Statsd, or Prometheus
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs