Vimeo is looking for an accomplished leader to lead all aspects of the integral UX and Design team. As well as managing a team of 10 designers, the VP will drive Vimeo’s product and design strategy across all parts of the business, including team workflow and collaboration, video creation, management, distribution to third party platforms, as well as our OTT and Enterprise business.
What you’ll do:
- Own the product design, user experience and information architecture across Vimeo, ensuring a thoughtful, consistent UX that scales across all Vimeo tools, from freemium to Enterprise
- Manage a team of direct reports across design and UX copywriting, recruiting and developing world-class talent through coaching, managing and mentoring
- Build a consistent, effective, and compelling user journey across Vimeo's portfolio of subscription/video products, continuously reevaluating using data and user feedback, and maximizing user engagement, conversion and retention
- Effectively communicate the product vision, design and UX to key partners across all levels of the company
- Ensure appropriate and meaningful User Research is being conducted across all phases of the product development cycle
- Define UI patterns that can be integrated or repurposed across the site using research, data, and usability tests
- Champion new, creative exercises and processes to help key partners have a deeper understanding of our users, and how we can positively impact them
- Work across subject areas to specify and maintain all the UX components of a launch scope, ensuring timely delivery of the best products for our users
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 15+ years of experience as a manager and IC across user experience, interaction design, and visual/graphic design
- Demonstrated meticulousness, excitement for beautiful design, and a love of seeing products ship
- Experience defining UI patterns that are usable across the site
- Proven leadership, leading with empathy, both for users and employees
- Experience leading with business impact
- Belief in and practice of systems thinking, moving from observing events or data to identifying patterns of behavior over time, to surfacing the underlying structures that drive those events and patterns
- Strong experience with complex products that go beyond funnel optimization and incorporate collaborative workflows across content creation and management of assets
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. With over 175 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create and market high-quality, impactful videos.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day!
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, and is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.