Vimeo is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our Accounting team and own all of our ongoing international financial operations. This role will be the point of contact and accounting expert for our international offices, and participate in our monthly close and financial reporting processes. The position will report to our Controller and will manage a small team of accountants.
What you’ll do:
- International Accounting
- Function as primary point of contact for all of Vimeo’s non-US accounting and tax efforts
- Reconcile US GAAP general ledger to local books
- Interface with IAC staff as well as international tax reporting advisors
- Create, implement, and maintain processes for intercompany accounting efforts
- Ensure transfer pricing agreements are met, as well as establish new agreements when applicable
- Track all lease agreements for international entities; ensuring all payment terms are properly accounted for
- Assume responsibility for recording of monthly trial balance of all international entities
- Prepare and review various schedules related to the monthly accounting close
- Research historical variances and book corrective journal entries
- Collaborate with IAC Finance staff
- Develop into lead for quarterly deliverables to parent company Finance teams
- Account for intercompany recharge expenses; between Vimeo companies as well as with other IAC companies
- Oversee a small team of accountants
- Oversee current processes around tax collection, reporting, and remittance
- Interface with internal and external auditors on matters related to international accounting
- Participate in international treasury matters as appropriate
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 5+ years of relevant experience managing accounting processes, contributing to a monthly accounting close, and experience with international accounting concepts
- 2+ years of directly managing an accounting team.
- CPA preferred but not required
- Understanding of GAAP, IFRS, and operational accounting/financial reporting processes.
- Expertise in international tax, including but not limited to: transfer price agreements, VAT/GST accounting, income tax withholding.
- Outstanding organization skills, ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel; experience working with Cor360, Vena close management, Oracle/Essbase/Hyperion a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Unwavering commitment to confidentiality and data protection.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and incredibly fun work environment.
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.