Want to aid us in future innovation? Vimeo's mobile and TV engineering team are responsible for ensuring our mobile and TV apps continue to perform above and beyond industry standards for our users worldwide. We work tirelessly to improve Vimeo’s native app experiences. We focus on serving creators with innovative tools that improve their workflow, backed by supporting the best ad-free online viewing experience possible.
Cast aside your other devices, fire up those engineering skills, and kudos for finding your way to the best iOS job on the nets…
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create exciting and innovative experiences for our Creator community on mobile and TV using iOS and tvOS
- Write clean code in an Agile environment
- Keep abreast of the latest and greatest design strategies in Swift and Apple API
- Collaborate with a tight team of mobile and desktop product designers and developers to define, design and ship new features and functionality
- Contribute new ideas and innovative strategies to help create the next big thing for content creation and distribution in mobile
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- 5+ years experience building and distributing iOS apps in a product-driven environment
- Mastery of Swift and Objective-C (we use both)
- Good working knowledge of web services and JSON
- Experience with AVFoundation
- Experience implementing in-app purchase
- Experience with advanced Xcode profiling and debugging
- In-depth experience with multithreaded and networked applications
- Solid experience with version control (we use Github) and task management (we use Jira)
- Keen eye for pixel-perfect implementation of design into code
- Strong focus on unit and UI testing, and analytics
- Driven, curious, self motivated, excellent communicator and collaborator
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field (or the equivalent in working experience)
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Strong knowledge of common mobile architectures (MVVM, MVP, VIPER, etc.)
- Experience with audio/video encoding, optimization and handling
- Experience developing native apps for other platforms (Android, TV)
- Solid background in object-oriented programming for the web (PHP, Python)
- Strong open source presence and portfolio of public code (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 80 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.