Do you want to be a part of the lifeblood of a company that empowers millions of creators worldwide to tell their stories through video? Are you interested in building full-stack solutions that solve complex problems related to international tax compliance and financial regulations? Do you apply analytical thinking, pay close attention to reliability and scalability, and have an appreciation for the peace of mind that comes with well-tested, peer-reviewed, documented code? Do you seek a casual workplace that’s serious about making great products and a healthy work/life balance? If so, we're looking for you!
About the team:
The payments team works to allow every user in the world to seamlessly subscribe to Vimeo using their payment method of choice. We're responsible for a system that processes millions of dollars a month, so in addition to providing new features, we focus heavily on improving the reliability and scalability of our payments stack.
We’re a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
- In your first 90 days: you’ll build new features for the payments system, fix bugs so as to understand how money flows through our financial system, and gain a solid understanding of the application stack.
- By the end of your first year: you’ll be working on an improved architecture of the transaction stack to ensure its effectiveness for years to come.
- Day-to-day: you’ll interface with our payment vendors, finance team, and community team to ensure the success of our system and integrity of our data. You’ll be spending half your time working on new projects and half on maintenance and back-end improvements.
- High level: this team thinks about the reliability and robustness of our payments stack, as well as how we can help more people subscribe to our services.
You will be best set up to succeed if you:
- Pay great attention to detail--correct application behavior and integrity constraints are just as important as code performance when processing millions of dollars a month
- Have experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node)
- Have experience with relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server) and data modeling techniques
- Write code with clarity, reusability, and scalability in mind
- Are able to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Have 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- Are self-aware and always willing to improve
About the office:
Vimeo has offices in the U.S, India, and Ukraine. Our headquarters is in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City along the Hudson River. This role is based out of the headquarters.
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 70 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.