Veterinary Practice Partners (VPP) is a management company that forms joint ventures with Veterinarians to co-own and run their veterinary practices. Once the joint venture is formed, VPP provides support and leadership for marketing, financial, operations, IT, and human resources functions while the veterinarian leads the clinical and client services functions. VPP currently has over 100 partner hospitals with 2,500+ employees and continued growth. VPP is a dynamic, profitable, growth company with strong financial private equity backing.
The Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for all accounts payable functions across all VPP’s partnered hospitals, including but not limited to processing invoices, cutting checks, reconciling vendor statements, and providing general support to the accounting department to assist in accurate and timely financial statements.
***This is a hybrid position with the ideal candidate being able to come to VPP's home office in King of Prussia, PA every Thursday to process AP checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports, recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal ID numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances, preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 to 3 years of accounts payable or general accounting experience.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Ideal Candidates will Possess:
- Strong problem-solving capability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem identification and resolution skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with constantly changing priorities, while keeping cool and professional.
- Strong attention to detail with an emphasis on completing tasks on time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the The employee needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. Hearing and visual acuity are also required.
- The employee will constantly be operating a computer and other office productivity.
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 20lbs by themselves.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential functions.
- This job description describes the ideal candidate for this position and in no way implies any limits to a person’s desire to apply.
- To meet the needs of the company, employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
- Any duties are subject to change at any time.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.