Veterinary Practice Partners (VPP) is a management company that forms joint ventures with Veterinarians to co-own and run their veterinary practices. Once the joint venture is formed, VPP provides support and leadership for marketing, financial, operations, IT, and human resources functions while the veterinarian leads the clinical and client services functions. VPP currently has over 100 partner hospitals with 2,500 + employees and continued growth. VPP is a dynamic, profitable, growth company with strong financial private equity backing.
The Office Administrator is responsible for providing excellent administrative support to various company functions, with a service-oriented focus to ensure that all administrative activities and operations are well coordinated to achieve a high level of productivity within the company. This role requires a highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual who is competent in problem-solving, prioritizing, and working with little supervision. Excellent communication and customer service skills are required, and the ability to successfully handle the unexpected is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Handle basic office duties, such as greeting visitors at our corporate as needed; maintaining general company phone and voicemail; responding to emails promptly and accurately; ensuring the office is well-maintained, organized, and secure.
•Perform a variety of administrative duties such as generating and distributing memos, letters, spreadsheets, forms, and faxes; shipping and receiving packages; and sorting, distributing, and scanning incoming mail through our internal systems.
•Assist with billing by preparing and sending invoices, as well as any related notifications; tracking vendor accounts; and working closely with Finance and Accounting to ensure payment is processed timely.
•Provide administrative support for internal document tracking and recordkeeping.
•Support onboarding process for home-office employees, hospital leadership, and new partnerships in printing and shipping materials; coordinating the order and delivery ofwelcome gifts; account set-up and notification; and orientation scheduling and notification.
• Support user set-up and maintenance for learning management systems; in collaboration with HR Business Partners, support overall administration and basic troubleshooting related to learning management systems.
• Provide general administrative support for functional areas within the HR team.
• Provide direct administrative support to VPP’s Leadership team, including support for meeting arrangement, travel logistics, conference calls, and other appointments.
• Support company and offsite meetings (anticipate at least 3-4 per quarter), including coordination of set-up/logistics and onsite administrative support as needed (will involve some travel, possibly up to 1-2 times per quarter).
• Assisting with special projects for functional areas or VPP Leadership team as needed.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• High school diploma or a bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or a related field.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in administrative support or client-facing support role. HR administration skills a plus, but not required.
• Proficiency with office technology and equipment including computer software applications such as Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe, fax machines, printers, copiers, and scanners.
• Basic math abilities and an understanding of basic financial concepts.
Ideal Candidates will Possess:
• Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and must be service- oriented.
• Must possess multi-tasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
• Must be comfortable handling confidential information.
• Creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time. The employee needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. Hearing and visual acuity are also required.
• The employee will constantly be operating a computer and other office productivity.
• The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 20lbs by themselves.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential functions.
• This job description describes the ideal candidate for this position and in no way implies any limits to a person’s desire to apply.
• To meet the needs of the company, employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
• Any duties are subject to change at any time.
• This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.