Veterinary Practice Partners LLC (VPP) forms partnerships with veterinarians to own and manage veterinary hospitals, offering a unique model that allows veterinarians to stay in the driver’s seat of their profession. Once a partnership is formed, the Company provides support and leadership for the marketing, financial, operations and human resources functions, while the veterinarian leads the clinical and client services functions. The Company was founded in 2011, has grown to more than 140 partner hospitals and over 2,200 employees across 26 states. VPP expects to accelerate growth in 2024 and beyond. The Company has partnered with a top-tier private equity firm to support this growth.
Reporting to the Manager of Procurement and Optimization, the Pricing and Procurement Business Analyst will collaborate with the procurement team, hospital operations and other stakeholders to gather, document, and analyze pricing and procurement strategic initiatives that will contribute significantly to the growth and efficiency of VPP and its community of veterinary hospitals. The right candidate will be able to gather and compile information and translate that into actionable and successful tactics. This is a unique opportunity to learn the business, develop skills, and contribute to the growth of the company.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Create a national competitive veterinary hospital pricing database to enhance the pricing strategies of VPP hospitals
- Identify areas for process improvement and recommend solutions to enhance the efficiency of the VPP Price Map
- Develop tools and processes to track and measure VPP contract pricing compliance and collaborate with the procurement team to identify opportunities for hospital cost reduction
- Develop tools and processes to analyze hospital purchasing data to enhance the utilization and functionality of the platform to identify missed savings opportunities
- Gather and maintain detailed data on pricing and contractual terms to support procurement and operational activities
- Create and maintain a database of VPP hospital utilization of competing online pharmacies to enhance our ability to convert clients to our online pharmacy
- In addition to key procurement and pricing activities, manage certain other strategic projects that drive value for the business
What you need to be considered:
- At least 1 year of related post-undergrad professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline
- Highly proficient in all aspects of data gathering and analyzing technology to include Microsoft Excel / Power BI
- Highly organized, accurate, detail-oriented, and takes pride in the quality of their work
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- High energy and a Self-Starter with a “get it done” attitude
- Strong analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in the veterinary services industry is a plus
What's in it for the right candidate:
- Competitive salary and benefits, including medical and 401(k) plan with a company match.
- Unlimited PTO
- Growth opportunities
- A fun, casual environment that values independent thought and an ownership approach to working
- Ability to make a significant impact on the growth of the company in a newly created role
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Veterinary Practice Partners (VPP) provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any legally protected characteristic.