As a Technical Customer Engineer on our Professional Services team, you will a member of one of our implementation practices, and be responsible for focused functional areas of execution and delivery for new client implementations onto our Managed Accounts solutions platform. This hands-on position requires significant client contact and coordination with internal operations and technology teams to implement and service new clients. The Technical Customer Engineer will work with clients to develop and manage an implementation plan, including platform configuration, custom integrations, data conversions, and testing.
- Technical and functional analysis of customer implementation and integration requirements.
- Documentation of configuration requirements and expected effort.
- Configuration and setup of the managed accounts platform.
- Configuration of data loaders and development and configuration of workflow processes and customizations to the platform.
- Proactive identification of internal and external dependencies, highlighting issues, scope changes, and progress against the project plan.
- Contributions to the management of client expectations – excellent communication skills are essential.
- Communication of project status/issues to the internal account management team.
- Partner with various internal departments to deliver superior customer service.
- Provide technical support to assist clients during and post-implementation.
- Development and deployment of custom reports.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in professional services or technical consulting with enterprise software solutions, specifically enterprise software installation, configuration, customization, and testing.
- Solid knowledge of enterprise software implementation lifecycle and aptitude for comprehending enterprise software architecture.
- Desired technical skills - MS Windows, SQL, ETL Tools, XML, IIS, JBOSS, and Tomcat.
- Proven ability to balance and manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills and ability to work within cross-functional practices.
- Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in a complex fast-paced environment to ensure the quality of all data integration points.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Creative problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to handle problem situations quickly, inventively, and resourcefully.
- Project management skills including:
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks
- Ability to plan, commit, and deliver to schedules
- Ability to identify, escalate, and manage project issues
- Willingness to work extended hours on an as-needed basis.
- Domain knowledge on investment systems (e.g. Portfolio Management, Trading, Middle/Back Office Operations, Proposal Generation) is preferred.
- Some of the adjectives we value for this position: intelligent, proactive, engaging, dynamic, resourceful, personable, technical, flexible, independent.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent, MSCS is a plus.
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.