Adhesion is a $7bil Managed Account Platform designed for Registered Investment Advisors (RIA) who are looking to bring their clients - and their businesses - to the next level. We passionately believe in the RIA community, the fiduciary model and doing whatever it takes to raise the bar in the delivery of conflict-free, fee-based investment advice to consumers. We have dedicated ourselves exclusively to this cause for over a decade.
The Overlay Portfolio Manager will assist with monitoring client accounts to ensure they are continually aligned with their investment mandate and done so in a manner consistent with their service levels. These functions will include tax, cash, drift and allocation alignment. The Overlay Portfolio Manager will also assist with trading and executing manager model changes.
- Re-balancing accounts to model portfolios; analyzing results and ensuring compliance to stated mandates.
- Entering model changes and work up manager trades.
- Processing of new accounts as well as changes to established portfolios and model strategies.
- Monitor and rectifying portfolio alerts and out of balance conditions
- Participate as back up for block trading (equities, ETFs) using custodian and step-out brokerage relationship. Also support direct upload of fund and trades.
- Timely processing of scheduled account maintenance
- Work with custodians and other partners to optimize the trading process while reducing risk and potential for error.
- Work on special projects as assigned by Director of the group.
- Participating in the quarterly trading-review meeting and assisting in best-execution evaluation committee.
- Liaison between Overlay Portfolio Management and other departments within the Firm (client support, portfolio operations, etc.)
- Monitor, manage, and review client case requests to completion within an SLA or timely manner.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2-5 Years of client portfolio management, wealth management, investment advisory or sponsor environment. Individual security selection and manager research is not a desired skill for this position.
- Direct experience with portfolio re-balancing practices. Familiarity with overlay / UMA tools and or practices a definite plus.
- Strong organizational skills
- A person with a strong sense of personal accountability, an entrepreneurial spirit with a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality.
- Good communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, market-oriented environment, capable of working under pressing deadlines.
- Proficiency in the investment advisory business including a thorough understanding of investment product types (e.g., managed accounts, ETFs, alternative investments.) and investment advisor operations (i.e. portfolio accounting, portfolio management trading, client/ performance reporting).
- Four-year undergraduate degree