VaynerMedia is a contemporary global creative and media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients and delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 and has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore and Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards and The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
The VP, Client Services is the leader of the business (and portfolio of business depending on revenue size). You are a business leader who is capable and proven at running $5MM- $10MM revenue). You are in charge of executing the vision (set by the SVP) and making it come to life across the agency and client teams. You have your finger on the pulse of every aspect of the business and partner with the integrated team leaders to deliver amazing work (quickly), grow the business and create an inclusive culture that permeates throughout the team. At this level you are cementing your ability to be the bigger person in every situation, all of the time.
You are the gatekeeper of the work/the output. Ensuring that all creative work that goes out the door is something that you and the team believe in, and are collectively proud of.
Responsibilities / Expectations
- Client Management: You are the “voice” of the client
- Fully versed in client's business including historic context, products, financials, share price, and significant news items, along with a solid understanding the business challenges the client faces
- Responsible for developing strong relationships with senior clients MD/SBM/BM with occasional exposure to CMO/CEO level (dependent on size of client)
- Delivers with excellence on the work and galvanizing a team behind a shared goal of delivering great work
- Excels at strengthening and owning client & partner agency relationships (incl other stakeholders) and ensure the rest of the team maps well to the client set
- Runs the end-to-end business of a group of clients / LoBs under your purview ensuring that your team run things on time, and on budget
- Lead and shape the strategic and creative development of the work and ensuring that teams are developing innovative ways to go to market
- Delivers agreed upon organic growth target (KPIs set as part of your reviews with your manager) / Manages $5MM+ in revenue
- Team Management: You are good at people management. Use your heart - You are responsible and empathetic for those that report into you along with the overall health of the agency team
- Responsible for growth and development of her/his team by providing clear, direct and actionable feedback in a motivating and positive manner, leaning into principles of kind candor.
- Ability to lead and inspire large groups of cross-functional teams, and understands how and when to these teams should collaborate.
- Understands how to delegate appropriately, knowing when to let other team members lead client initiatives and run point and when to step in at a moment’s notice and help redirect.
- Able to provide proper, upfront guidance that will put team in a position to succeed, knowing you don’t have to own everything or every relationship in order to be successful.
- Support the SVP to develop and manage team structures that are efficient & effective, while partnering with the Creative, Strategy, IPM and Media Leads
- Future spotting: Collaborate with the team to ensure that someone is responsible for knowing what is going on today and investigating what is is happening tomorrow
- Aid in the recruitment of talent and ability to build and sustain client and industry relationships that we can activate when hiring needs arise
- Business Strategy: Able to soundly implement strategies for business growth
- Strong foundational and working knowledge of creative, Strategy and media across major digital and social channels. Must be well versed in common marketing & media principles with a strong understanding of the social media platforms and their ecosystems.
- Be well versed in the various Paid Media and Measurement opportunities in social, digital, and broader marketing mix, to provide client recommendations on the proper social & digital KPIs, based on brand-specific goals.
- Participate and guide teams (and agency partners) on larger strategic projects (e.g. annual planning and help to set strategic agenda for the clients and goals for the team)
- Knowledge of VaynerX offerings along with strong understanding of all of VM’s offerings, including Experience, Solutions, UX, VTalent, etc. and know how and when to utilize these teams and their offerings
- Business Growth: Drive incremental growth and operate profitably
- Proven ability to sell in new business and strategically grow portfolio, building relationships wider (if not higher). Includes selling in creative ideas that are on strategy
- Identify new ways to bring new revenue streams in both existing and new clients, including incremental revenue growth opportunities
- Drive awareness of relevant case studies across your respective VP businesses so we can share with our clients + internally
- Actively seek out relevant award opportunities that effectively demonstrate proven business results (e.g. Effies, Cannes)
- Responsible for ensuring the creation of case studies by his/her team to showcase VM strategy, work and results both internally and externally ○ Communication + Collaboration: Be the honey
- Collaborates with Strategy, Creative, Production and Media leads to deliver ‘Best in Class’ consistent creative work that's on brand and on strategy
- Well versed in the Vayner Volume Model (VVM) and sets ways of working with internal and external team - establishing a “maker” culture
- Partner with Strategy and Creative leads to critically evaluate creative briefs and creative work (Media as relevant)
- Responsible for keeping SVP apprised of ongoing work, significant strategic projects, providing regular creative overview updates and reporting on the state of the client relationship and team health. And leveraging your SVP to remove any barriers you may experience both internally and externally
- Deep level of partnership with senior counterparts across creative, media, strategy, project management & production, and other VM disciplines, to drive collaboration and provide robust + seamless client deliverables
- Financial acumen + business health
- Responsible for understanding the financial health of the client business you lead, including financial tracking and business health. Ensuring that your team is running efficiently in line with the scopes. And that your AD/AS have all client initiatives running on time and to budget
- Tracking the health of the business on a regular basis to ensure efficiency is being met and if not, able to quickly diagnose and fix the problem (i.e, brief has evolved and team needs to reset and better manage client's expectations, etc)
- Leads annual retainer development across your lines of business
- Collaborates and supports SVP in the P&L development, tracking & maintenance of all revenue + SOW projections/signatures, and appropriate staffing levels across your lines of business
- Collaborates with Finops to understand how your business is running in terms of the resources and getting ahead of any burn rate issues.
- A Bachelor's degree or Entrepreneurial street creds and 10+ years of experience working within the social/digital and agency space
- Proven track record of effectively growing client’s business, effectively able to manage a portfolio of $5MM- $10MM in revenue
- Proven success of managing integrated campaigns e.g. social/digital/Traditional/Media/other
- Strong experience and confidence leading a new business pitch
- Confident and dependable facilitator of meetings and presentations
- Given the unique culture at Vayner proven ability to adapt to face paced change given the nature of our business
- Knowledge of Advertising Research industry nomenclature (e.g. MMM, DataLogix, Nielsen)
- Influencer Marketing Knowledge
- Emerging Tech Knowledge
- PR Knowledge
- Kind Candor: Ability to deliver constructive feedback early and often to team members
- Responsible for the overall health of CS team (Honey and Empire)
- Strong team management and coaching skills
- Solid presentation skills (verbal, written, visual)
- Mastery of presentation and spreadsheet software