What’s up? We’re VaynerMedia APAC! A full-service agency built for the now. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention and culture. Headquartered in New York, we’re also across the globe and now, we’re proudly in Asia, servicing a diverse clientele all around the APAC region.
We believe everyone's got brilliant ideas. But what sets us apart from the rest? It's making a beeline for out-of-the-box, killer concepts with the ability to make stuff happen. We've got makers and creators - from illustrators to poets to musicians to 3D artists to data analysts - who bring brands to life, creating and hijacking at the speed of culture. You’ll help us put our heart and soul into our client's products. Solving business problems in unorthodox ways. Touching audiences with emotions. Mixing art and passion with logic and numbers. All to make magic happen.
We’re looking for a Singapore-based Head of Media to lead this work, by providing insights-driven media and measurement strategies, strengthening client & partner agency relationships, collaborating with cross-departmental teams, while growing and mentoring the founding team at Vayner APAC!
Here’s where you come in.
In a Nutshell
The Head of Media is chiefly responsible for managing and growing a division inside our Paid Media Department made up of Analysts, Senior Analysts, Managers, and Associate Directors, and Directors. You will be tasked with becoming a trusted, respected leader within the organization and relied upon for high-level operations management, innovation, client/partner relationships, and general media executional excellence. You’ll also be responsible for growing our Media practice; winning new clients, growing existing ones, and recruiting, developing, and retaining the best and brightest media talent in the region.
A proven track record of large scale media buying proficiency across several biddable platforms is a must, with particular depth in all or a majority of the following: Facebook/Instagram, Google (Search, YouTube, DV360), Programmatic Display/OLV, Publisher Direct. Experience in offline media (TV, Print, Radio, OOH) is also required; with experience in planning and managing both campaigns and always-on initiatives for major regional and global brands. Fluency with analytics, attribution and measurement systems is needed; and expertise is a major plus (including but not limited to GA360, Adobe, MOAT/IAS/DoubleVerify, Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle, Neustar/Visual IQ/Convertro, etc.).
You will report to the Regional Head and will work on a cohesive team consisting of buying, planning and analytics professionals working across several APAC-based clients.
Your EXPERTISE (The skills and knowledge needed to excel in this role)
- Business development extraordinaire, with a keen eye for growing our media business through sustainable, mutually beneficial, and fun partnerships
- Ensures media plans are of the highest standard, assist in presentation material creation, and provide strategic guidance on reporting calls with clients
- Oversees a team of media practitioners, providing leadership, mentorship, vision, and technical expertise, working in conjunction with HR and other teams to foster team career growth and a positive work environment
- Embodies a true leadership mentality and willing to devote days to making your team successful, working for them, not above them
- Contributes to the continued growth and stability of VaynerMedia, being empowered to make decisions that are best for the company over the long-run
- Oversees execution by setting up process and clear lines of communication
- Updates performance benchmarks and share digital platform updates, both internally and externally with client partners
- Manages negotiations for high value and/or complex packages
- Approves all recommendations and presentations before sending to the client
- Delegates work effectively and not only teach direct reports but also deliver seamless client work
- Fosters an environment that encourages intelligent risk-taking, innovation, and creativity.
- Leads interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, developing and evaluating team members
- Leads by example in terms of attention to detail, general work ethic, empathy, and internal/external professionalism
- Acts as a key contact for client and platform partners, operating as a go-to voice and leader for them
- Develops and deliver senior-level, sophisticated media investment strategies to clients, derived from industry insights and best-in-class expertise and thought leadership
- Collaborates across disciplines, specifically planning and analytics, to craft best-in-class, holistic omnichannel media strategies rooted in driving tangible business outcomes for large brands
- Provides actualized spends for client invoicing across clients and stakeholder spend trackers
- Operates as a “player/coach”, able to jump in and get into the weeds as needed to keep campaign work moving in the right direction
- Takes responsibility for and rectify (as needed) any mistakes or errors made by team members and implement standards/practices/methods to ensure errors do not repeat themselves
- Works to proactively bring new/emerging opportunities to clients, pushing the envelope of media excellence
- Continuously strives for improvement across all team processes to streamline workflow and benefit the larger team
- Provides clear delegation of responsibilities across your organization and making expectations for success clear and concise
- Leads client communication around scope agreements, finance and billing, working closely with FinOps to keep a handle on monthly billing and incoming revenue
- Proactively identify the needs of our clients’ businesses to sell-through incremental campaign opportunities to clients (cross-disciplines at times where needed), to help deliver best in class work that helps to grow their business
- An illustrious career in media agencies, or media-centric roles
- A killer track record with new business; including winning enterprise brands
- You have experience working in the advertising media landscape in the APAC region, and expertise planning and buying both digital and ATL media
- You have a minimum of 10+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of executing sophisticated, large scale digital media programs that drove tangible business outcomes.
- You have a good network of media and marketing professionals in the APAC region, including major publishers, brands.
- You have advanced written, presentation and general communication skills.
- You’ve experienced dealing with media buying teams, specifically media & communications planning, analytics, traditional media buying, and others.
- You have proven output rooted in highly strategic thinking that leveraged unique insights to drive disproportionate success.
- You have examples of leaning into new/emerging platform opportunities to drive media innovation.
- You’ve experienced leading and managing teams of at least 6-8 individuals (cross-disciplinary a plus)
- You have an infectious smile, an upbeat demeanor, and warm personality that contributes to an already strong company culture
- You are comfortable with a fast-paced environment; and working as an integrated team (across creative, media, and strategy)
- Professional English skills required, and bilingual is a huge plus!