What’s up? We’re VaynerMedia APAC! A full-service agency built for the now. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention and culture. Headquartered in New York, we’re also in 7 cities across the globe and now, we’re proudly in the +65, servicing a diverse clientele all around the APAC region.
The Copywriter works with designers to own content calendars and campaign execution for a set of brands in Japan or for the Japan market. At VaynerMedia, we’re lucky that everyone within our walls thinks strategically, shares a passion for emerging technology, and understands the world of both big campaigns and content.
Our copywriters serve a slightly different role than more traditional “digital creative types,” but thankfully we’ll never use the term “digital ninja.”
Here’s where you come in.
We believe everyone's got brilliant ideas. But what sets a Creative apart from the rest? It's making a beeline for out-of-the-box, killer concepts with the ability to make stuff happen. We've got makers and creators - from illustrators to poets to musicians to 3D artists - who bring brands to life, creating and hijacking at the speed of culture. You’ll help us put our heart and soul into our client's products. Solving business problems in unorthodox ways. Touching audiences with emotions. Mixing art and passion with logic and numbers. All to make magic happen.
Who Are You?
- You write fluent copy in Japanese and English.
- You are a maker. Your main focus is ideation and creation, both at a high speed and volume.
- You. Must. Love. Words (and have the ability to string them together).
- You enjoy collaborating with a (super cool, super fun, super energetic) team.
- You are a digital native and understand the internet of things.
- You tell stories. The kind people will stop and listen to.
- You consume content and know the ingredients to relevant, thumb-stopping creative work.
The Task At Hand:
- Research and ideation, obviously. Creating and presenting decks to clients, surely. Thinking big then writing lots, essentially.
- Transform thoughts and half-ideas into fun, creative content with your brilliant Art Director partner.
- Understand pop culture, trends and new technologies. Use the content you consume to make concise and relevant creative recommendations.
- Write high-engagement and impactful social and traditional media content that reflects the brand's voice.
- Write fast but with finesse.
- Did we mention, writing?
- 0 - 4 years experience in Japanese copywriting or editorial role (internships included).
- Experience creating content for digital (personal accounts included) in Japanese.
- Strong conceptual/brainstorming skills.
- Good grammar is a must.
- So are time management skills.
- Hungry for great work (and good food).
- Thrives in a company of good people.
- Ability to wear multiple brand hats and switch easily between brand voices.
- Additional languages or experience in other Southeast Asian countries are a plus.
- Must have a life outside of work.
- Highly creative, weird-thinking and witty.
- Already writing a better job description than this one.