Want to spend your workday watching HULU?
Can you write funny things? And sad things? And things that are funny because they’re sad?
Well, maybe you should apply to be a Senior copywriter at Vaynermedia/LA.
About the job
As a SENIOR COPYWRITER, you are a strategic, creative thinker and storyteller.
You’re a master of writing and editing copy for social campaigns. (In the unique voices of our clients.) You can write everything from social posts to Video scripts to Brand manifestos.And You’re at ease presenting ideas to others.
A SENIOR COPYWRITER should also be able to build brands through campaign level thinking. You understand the difference between a creative idea and a tactical execution-and are proficient at generating both. You are hands on and should own projects from ideation through completion. Beyond execution, SENIOR COPYWRITER is a team leader. You understand how to take the lead and execute small and large projects. You communicate and delegate, working with a team of creatives to get the best work possible. You work with ADs and CWs to concept and refine work, ensuring everything ladders up to what it should. You have a deep knowledge and understanding of platform best practices, which makes you adept at managing the consistency of all creative output.
- Writing and editing copy for social campaigns. (iin the distinct voices of our clients)
- Comfortable writing everything from Video Scripts to social posts to big brand ideas.
- Create strong and compelling copy, headlines, taglines and calls to action
- Able to ideate with an art director partner, but also on your own.
- Concept and collaborate with other creative/internal teams.
- Implement feedback with ease and timeliness.
- Work with Account and Strategy teams to ensure creative concepts and copy tones are on brand and strategically sound.
- Create & collaborate on developing campaign concepts for, but not limited to, social & digital platforms.
- Can ideate against the platform (knows the difference between writing for a Youtube pre-roll vs. Insta stories)
- Present ideas internally and to clients
- 5+ years of agency-side experience writing copy on social campaigns
- Once work is sold, has experience seeing it all the way through production
- Can juggle multiple projects and tasks.
- Are self-motivated with a positive attitude and strong communication skills
- Ideally has worked in the entertainment space. (or at least enjoys all things Entertainment)
- Culturally immersed and passionate about television/entertainment
- A passion and understanding of social media
- Flawless knowledge of spelling and grammar, with the ability to bend
the rules when needed..
- Deep vocabulary, with a working knowledge of Slang terms
- A knack for picking up different editorial voices, understanding why they work and switching between them quickly
- A flair for brevity
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innate curiosity
- Proficiency in Google Suite (email, docs, drive, slides)
- Eye for innovation – identifying emerging platforms and trends in the digital space
- Portfolio should represent a body of integrated work: big campaigns (not just one-off’s,) digital/social-first creative ideas, long form/short form content, some innovation-led, experiential and/or site work is a plus but not mandatory
- Production experience is a plus too.
Please submit a link to your portfolio with your resume.
We help Fortune 500 companies tell their stories. We’re experts in strategy, creativity, photography and video production. We day-trade consumer attention, guiding our diverse clientele to focus on the platforms that command attention. With offices in New York, London, Los Angeles, Singapore, and Chattanooga, TN, we market for the year we live in, we live and breathe emerging technology and we are always growing.