There are many products that improve the quality of life on Earth that can only be manufactured in space. Our job at Varda is to make those products and bring them back down. We at Varda are proud to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has deep experience in aerospace and tech. They have honed their crafts in the trenches of major companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by proven leaders who have chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops are clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
About This Role
The Recruiting Coordinator helps run the recruiting processes to ensure the best talent is acquired. The primary responsibility will be to ensure the recruiting process runs smoothly and efficiently, while also ensuring candidates have a positive and lasting impression of Varda. This position will support Varda during a critical period of growth. Along with scheduling interviews, Recruiting Coordinators help plan hiring events and plan other program initiatives working with the business and technical leaders.
Additionally, this role may assist HR processes, which include but are not limited to: employee health and welfare plans, ensuring employee compliance with COVID protocols and performance management systems, running payroll, and building morale.
- Manage interviews, scheduling, and employment offers
- Speak intelligently about our business and spacecraft with potential candidates
- Engage with candidates to ensure a positive experience
- Coordinate recruiting events for local and non-local campus visits
- Connect candidates through various recruiting platforms such as Piazza, Handshake, etc.
- Assist the recruiting team with special projects as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years related experience required.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with Greenhouse and/or other Talent Acquisition System software
- Proficient with Calendly or other recruiting and scheduling tools
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- SHRM-CP or PHR credential preferred.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.