Varda was founded under the belief manufacturing in zero-gravity is critical to unlocking new materials. We are actively working on spacecraft and technologies to make this possible and expand humanity’s manufacturing capabilities.
- Learn how to design, build, test, and fly spacecraft including satellites and atmospheric reentry vehicles
- Full ownership of the vehicle including the satellite bus on orbit and the reentry capsule trajectory
- Ability to grow and develop with the vehicle and the company as we build Varda together
- Teamwork skills are necessary to solve problems in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to scope projects including requirements capture and initial design trades given open-ended problems.
- Develop 6 degree of freedom vehicle simulation using C++ and/or MATLAB/Simulink
- ADCS hardware performance specification including reaction wheel and torque rod sizing, sensor noise, and performance characteristics
- Perform trajectory design, optimization, and dispersion analysis for the reenetry of a space capsule
- Mission specific analysis for customer launch and in support of business development
- Bachelor's degree in physics or an engineering discipline
- Software development experience in MATLAB, Simulink, C, C++, and/or Python
- Strong understanding in the development of spacecraft or similar vehicle navigation systems
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.