There are many products that improve the quality of life on Earth that can only be manufactured in space. Our job at Varda is to make those products and bring them back down. We at Varda are proud to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has deep experience in aerospace and tech. They have honed their crafts in the trenches of major companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by proven leaders who have chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops are clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
- Design and develop software systems for operating the spacecraft and ground systems in test and flight environments.
- Teamwork, communication, and problem solving in a collaborative environment
- Scope projects including requirements capture and initial design trades given open-ended problems
- Understanding of user interfaces
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Three or more years of experience developing and deploying mission-critical web/front-end applications.
- Familiarity with one or more databases, either relational or NoSQL.
- Understanding of principles of reactive programming, and the virtual DOM.
- Experience with version control such as Git.
- Expertise in profiling and optimizing applications.
- Ability to generate and consume RESTful or similar APIs.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts.
Preferred Skills And Qualifications
- Experience publishing applications to cloud infrastructure using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible or similar.
- Experience using message passing services like Rabbit MQ, Kafka, AWS Kinesis, etc.
- Knowledge of graphics and data visualization tools such as D3.js and Kepler.gl
- Experience with time-series databases such as TimescaleDB or InfluxDB.
- Familiarity with relevant design patterns, such as publish-subscribe and observer patterns.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.