Varda is moving industry into space and bringing real products back to Earth.
SpaceX, NASA and the rest of the space industry have laid the proverbial railways to orbit. The team at Varda is building on top of this prior work to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
At Varda, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has all worked in aerospace and honed their crafts in the trenches of major established companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by launch-proven leaders who’ve chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops is clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
About this Role
Varda is forging a new path towards utilizing microgravity to create materials in microgravity for use back on earth. In order to accomplish this goal we'll need a diverse set of engineering skills, and we are looking to build a world-class recruiting team to get us there.
Responsibilities for this Role
- Build the team that is designing, building, testing, and flying spacecraft including satellites and atmospheric reentry vehicles
- Create and maintain the processes that lead to consistently great hires
- Full ownership of the corporate recruiting activities including sourcing, interviewing, negotiating offers, and onboarding
- Ability to grow and develop with the vehicle and the company as we build Varda
- Experience in technical recruiting in aerospace, software, and/or other technical fields
- Experience in organizing and hosting networking events, identifying industry experts, and cold-calling potential canidates
- Ability to own and organize the employee onboarding process including the job offer, background checks, reference checks, and new-hire paperwork
- Experience conducting interviews and setting up recruiting processes to properly vet candidates with the team.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both hiring managers and candidates
Nice to haves
- Proven track record setting up successful recruiting processes
- Prior startup/early-stage experience
- Experience with GreenHouse.io
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S. to conform with U.s Government space technology export regulations under ITAR
- Experience with recruiting and tracking tools such as Greenhouse
- Completed bachelor's degree or 4+ years of processional experience
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.