Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
This is an engagement through Upwork’s Hybrid Workforce Solutions (HWS) Team. Our Hybrid Workforce Solutions Team is a global group of professionals that support Upwork’s business. Our HWS team members are located all over the world.
- As a Technical Project Manager, you would oversee Upwork payments projects from inception to completion and be responsible for controlling the project life cycle – planning, organizing, executing, and monitoring it, while ensuring these projects are on time, on budget, and within scope.
- You will be helping to set clear timelines, establish goals, manage expectations, and troubleshoot as needed, ensuring valuable and timely deliverables
- You will be dealing with internal and external stakeholders from diverse backgrounds, and you have to traverse and maintain an excellent conversation level and attitude
- You will be responsible for developing project specifications and project plan baselines, including scope, key activities, deliverables, resource requirements, milestones, risks, indicators, and deadlines
- Create, own, prioritize, and refine different project backlogs
- You will manage and control communication plans and will drive project execution, track delivery, expect, monitor, and control change, own change management, proactively seek and resolve blockers
Must Haves (Required Skills): Ideally less than 6
- 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering/product teams and managing technical programs or projects.
- Experience managing cross functional programs, building scalable processes and coordinating program launch schedules.
- Strong communication skills required to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- A demonstrable track record of successful management and delivery of projects
- Strong hands on Technical expertise
- Experience with JIRA, confluence and reporting
- Able to work for 40 hours a week with a 5-6 hour overlap during PST business hours
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To learn more about how Upwork processes and protects your personal information as part of the application process, please review our Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice